To help accelerate learning Project Anarchy we have provided videos. The list of videos is constantly growing and features videos for all skill levels. This is the best place to quickly learn the specifics of a tool or feature within Project Anarchy.
If you are unable to find the help you were looking for in this section be sure to check the Help inside the Project Anarchy editor or use many of our community tools available such as the Forums and Answers sections.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make sure you have Project Anarchy SDK 2013.1.1 or above as a terrain bug has been resolved.
This video introduces you to Project Anarchys Terrain editor. It also goes over some of the extra tools included in the terrain editor.
This video goes over how to set up and use Project Anarchy's remote input tool. This tool allows you to use your touch device as an input device to the editor over WiFi.
Introduction on how to use the scripting tools inside of Project Anarchy.
An Introduction to the Visual Shader Editor and how to create a simple material using it.
Demonstrates the basics of Project Anarchy's editor, vForge. Covers how to:
- Create a project and scene
- Add shapes to the scene using the asset browser
- Navigate the scene
- Select, modify and clone entities
Shows how the Asset Browser is used in vForge for creating and modifying shapes. Covers how to:
- Adjust the view of the asset browser
- Filter assets by type, tags and library
- Add asset libraries to your project
- Manage asset tags
Describes how layouts work in vForge. Covers how to:
- Change and create new layouts
- Add and dock panels in a layout
- Restore default layouts
- Browse layouts as XML files on system
Decribes the features available in the Engine View. Covers:
- Moving the camera
- Setting the view to orthogonal or perspective
- Different rendering and shading modes and their uses
Covers the basics of vAnimTool:
- Playback animation sequences
- Playback transitions
- Editing transitions
- Interactive mode
Covers use of Cubemaps in vForge:
- Generating Cubemaps in vForge
- Using Cubemaps in shaders
Covers use of billboards in vForge:
- Creating billboards
- Editing billboards
- Creating texture atlas
Demonstrates the different components that are required for animating a player character in a typical action adventure game
Adds extra details to animation transitioning, shows:
- Animation mirroring
- Adding timing rules to states and transitions
Shows how to implement a third-person locomotion model. Covers how to:
- Create a state machine to transition between animation states
- Create a custom transition effect
- Use a manual selector to have a variable animation state
- Create a nested state machine
Shows how to add interactivity in Animation Studio. Covers how to:
- Create a gamepad configuration
- Use Lua scripting in Animation Studio
- Apply Lua functions to states
- Use Animation Studio to step through and debug Lua
Shows how to implement a custom camera model. Covers how to make your character move relative to your camera position.